Client : Malton Plastics
Client Representative: Graeme Smith
Remit: Assistance to transition existing ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Malton Plastics (UK) Ltd are plastic injection moulders based in Pickering – York. The company is family owned and supply manufactured products, tooling and design services into industries such as; leisure and sports, commercial vehicles, hydraulics, agriculture, building and construction, scientific components and electrical industry.
Established in 2011 Malton Plastics works out of a modern industrial manufacturing plant with state of the art injection moulding machinery, which ensures they are able to deliver the most efficient solutions to meet their customers’ requirements. The company works internationally, and the activities include import and export. The company maintains close working relationships with all customers and suppliers and is well regarded within the industry.
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENT
Malton Plastics (UK) Limited contacted Synergos Consultancy in 2018 as they required assistance to transition their existing ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System to ISO 9001:2015 and were struggling with their present consultancy company. A proposal was submitted to assist with transitioning the client’s current quality management system to meet the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and included certification assessment and ongoing support. The proposal was accepted and works commenced urgently to meet pre-agreed transition dates.
ABOUT THE SOLUTION
Work commenced on this project and had to be carried out within a very tight time frame, as a transition date had already been agreed with the clients chosen certification body but works with another provider were of a poor standard.
After carrying out a full internal audit to comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, it was apparent that a mostly new system was required to meet the requirements of ISO 9001:2015. The following work was executed to ensure the client maintained their certification and were recommended for re-certification to the new version of the standard: –
- Implemented a non-conformance register and recorded results of internal/external audit.
- Identified and documented internal and external issues relevant to the context of the organisation and updating/rewriting of the quality manual.
- Reviewed and updated the quality policy.
- Revised the reporting and documenting of quality objectives.
- Developed a new Planning Register to record actions to address identified risks, opportunities, objectives and planned changes.
- Identified and documented interested parties and their expectations.
- Re-developed the 12-month audit schedule to cover all the requirements of ISO 9001:2015. Prepared a Management review agenda to meet the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 standard, and chaired and documented the management review meeting.
- Met with the client to review project work and identified actions required to ensure the smooth transition of the quality management system.
- Reviewed the maintenance schedule and procedures and updated records.
- Reviewed the training/competency matrix and procedures and updated records.
- Reviewed and developed the induction procedure to incorporate all of the management system. Updated company documents relevant to the quality management system.
- Reviewed procedure for evaluating, selecting and monitoring the performance of external providers.
- Completed certification companies gap analysis report.
- Carried out the telephone interview on behalf of the client.
- Addressed any unforeseen circumstances set out by the standard.
- Attended the transition assessment with the certification body and worked with the auditor and client to present Malton Plastics (UK) Limited Quality Management System, which was reported to be effective and re-certification was recommended.
- Discussed areas for continual improvement with the client and agreed action for further development works to be carried out.
I contacted Synergos as I needed to find a professional and competent company to work with. Their proposal was professionally put together, so I could clearly understand what was on offer and the work carried out was of a very high standard.
Communication was excellent throughout the course of the project and exceeded expectation and the timescale in which the work was carried out met with our requirements
On receiving our certificate, I was very pleased not only for myself and our business but for Jennifer and Synergos for the hard work they had put in.
There have been no major changes in the day to day work arrangements since the implementation of our Quality Management System, but it has definitely tidied the paper trail.
I would most definitely recommend Synergos Consultancy.
We always seek to support clients following the completion of a contract, whether that be in the form of a full maintenance package, to carry out all works necessary in maintaining the company’s management system, carry out internal audits on behalf of the client or simply attending the company’s annual surveillance visits. On this occasion the client requested full maintenance be agreed and going forward we propose to: –
Carry out all works necessary in maintaining the clients Quality Management System, including: updating company risks, opportunities and objectives registers; documenting any changes to the quality management system and the business; controlling new company documents; assisting with management of non-conformances and documenting any changes to the management structure or operational activities.
Review and update; quality policy, interested parties log, customer feedback, company resources, and approved suppliers/sub-contractors. Produce internal audit schedules annually to cover all requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 standard. Carry out, document and report annual clause-based internal audits and annual management review meetings. Attend annual surveillance audits. Identify and address areas for continual improvement.
We look forward to working with Malton Plastics (UK) Ltd further.
How can we help you?
If you’re in need of assistance with any aspect of certification here at Synergos we’d be delighted to help. Whether you have questions about the path to certification or are looking for advice and support to maintain an existing standard call 01484 817 444 or Email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to talk it over with you.