The digital age is here and there’s no going back. For everyone, including businesses, the opportunities are many and varied. But there are challenges too which most large businesses recognise and actively take steps to counter. One such series of steps to protect your business from hacks and breaches are ISOs, specifically ISO 27001 which covers information security and ISO 22301 which covers business continuity.
Attractive they may be, and perfect for staging your business to customers and trading partners as being safe and secure. However, both of these ISOs carry much more weight than this and will be much more than just a selling platform.
Investing in this information security certification will bring many significant benefits including;
• Improved structure and focus – large business must maintain growth but as you do so, you need to retain focus and structure in key areas. As a large business, you cannot afford to leave data to chance, hoping or assuming no one will try to gain unauthorised accesses.
• A better picture of overall information security – you and your team may think you have everything covered but have you? The external auditing process of ISO 27001 means benefiting from an objective process thus improving your security systems further.
• Information security remains a top priority – there is no denying that clients will be more willing to trust a company that displays the ISO 27001 mark, knowing that they are doing all they can to protect data and online information.
• Improve company culture – ISO 27001 is a certification in which employees play a major role, improving further on your already upbeat culture and working environment.
Experiencing similar benefits to ISO 27001, this certification brings many of its own to a larger business too.
• Maintain continuity of business operations – disasters do happen and when they do, their effects are catastrophic. As a large business, you will need contingency plans for when disaster strikes, whether that is adverse weather or a cyber-attack. ISO 22301 allows staff, from senior management to department heads and beyond, to assess the potential impact of a disaster on their operational areas. Once you know the potential outcomes, you can have plans in place to continue business in less than perfect circumstances.
• Protect turnover, assets and profits – ISO 22301 is critical to maintaining the highest level of output and operations should the worse happen. Dwindling profits and stuttering cash-flows bring a host of new problems. Stemming losses after an incident or disaster is essential and minimises recovery time for large businesses too.
• Reduce cost of interruption insurance – it is possible to insure not just against disasters but the effect of disaster. However, it comes at a premium, but with your organisation being ISO 22301 compliant, you may find that insurance costs reduce, which could be welcome news for your bottom line.
If you are ready to take the plunge into ISO 27001 and/or ISO 22301, as an independent and experienced consultancy, we can make this journey a successful one!
How can we help you?
If you’re in need of assistance with ISO 27001 or any other aspect of ISO certification, here at Synergos we’d be delighted to help. Whether you have questions about the path to certification or are looking for advice and support to maintain an existing standard call 01484 666160 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to talk it over with you.