ISO 9001:2015 is the revised standard for quality management systems. It helps businesses and organisations to become more efficient and improve customer satisfaction, both of which are essential to the continuing success of your business.
As the festive season will soon behind you, now is the perfect time to plan an audit for your business in line with seven key areas of ISO 9001.
- Customer Focus – meeting and exceeding customer needs should be the primary focus of any quality management system. You should be striving to attract and keep the confidence of your customer base. Are you adapting your practices and business to continually improve customer satisfaction? Have you noticed an increase in complaints?
- Leadership – a unified direction is key for any businesses looking to grow. Does everyone in your organisation understand what it is you are striving to achieve?
- Engagement of People – if you have a competent, empowered and engaged workforce, customer expectations are more likely to be met and surpassed. Are you people engaged in the business? How? How can the empowerment of your workforce be improved?
- Process Approach – the smaller functions within your business all connect to create one system. This should be a consistent process with predictable results. People, activities and processes should not exist in a vacuum. In other words, are all your people familiar with all of the activities within your business?
- Improvement – a successful organisation will have a focus on improvement. This is ongoing, and not something that happens every now and then, or when there is time or a gap in services. As a business, you must react to internal and external factors that impact your business, continuing to deliver value to your customers. Trading conditions change continually, how do you adapt? Do you have a plan for when factors change your business processes, like poor weather affecting supplies?
- Evidence Based Decision Making – making the ‘right’ decision is not easy. Within any decision, there is a degree of risk. What are the analytical and data process that your base decisions on? How do you know, with confidence, that this information is correct? What can you do to improve this flow of information and its quality?
- Relationship Management – No business works in a vacuum. You need to create and maintain good working relationships with suppliers of all kinds. How do you manage relationships with suppliers?
Tips of Auditing in Line with ISO 9001:2015
It can seem a daunting prospect and a large undertaking to examine the quality management systems within your business. As an experienced ISO consultancy company, we can offer the following tips:
#1 Define objectives – why do you want to implement this standard?
#2 Get everyone involved – from the CEO to canteen staff, delivery drivers, reception staff, everyone.
#3 Identify your current key quality management processes – and gather this information in one place. From this point, take a long hard look at what value these processes are bringing and how you can improve them to add more.
#4 Work with us – at Synergos Consultancy we work with businesses across a range of industries in various ISO accreditation processes, including ISO 9001:2015.
How can we help you?
If you’re in need of assistance with any aspect of certification here at Synergos we’d be delighted to help. Whether you have questions about the path to certification or are looking for advise and support to maintain an existing standard call 01484 817 444 or Email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to talk it over with you.